Pictured L to R: Vermont Comcast Technicians Robert Benjamin and Dylan Perkins.
Vermont Business Magazine Comcast will expand its fast, reliable and fiber-rich network to five new communities – Elmore, Eden, Sudbury, Wardsboro, and Wolcott – and further into four communities it already serves – Hubbardton, Jamaica, Stratton, and Morristown – as part of its latest project to make broadband available to more Vermonters.
This network expansion delivers Comcast’s innovative portfolio of Xfinity and Comcast Business services, including residential broadband speeds up to 6 gigabits per second (Gbps) and business speeds up to 100 Gbps, to more than 2,000 additional residents and businesses in the Green Mountain State.
The process to extend Comcast’s advanced network in these areas is currently underway in Elmore, with plans to continue the expansion into the eight additional communities in the coming months. The entire project is expected to be completed by the end of 2022. Residents and businesses can check here to see if their address is eligible for service today. If so, they can sign up for service by using the link accompanying the map. Prospective customers can also call 1-800-XFINITY to inquire about service, or ask about the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program, which provides eligible households with up to $30/month toward their Internet and mobile service.
“With this expansion in these communities, Comcast will provide more residents and businesses with another option when selecting their Internet provider,” he said. Betsy Bishop, President of the Vermont Chamber of Commerce. “This opportunity will make Vermont an even more attractive place to live and work by ensuring access to a reliable network for everyone, which is more important than ever.”
“We have committed to investing in and expanding our network in Vermont to ensure that more residents and businesses have the important broadband connections they need for their educational, professional and personal lives,” he said. Carolyne Hannan, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Western New England Region. “We are proud to connect these communities with fast, secure and reliable Internet service that is built to exceed their needs today and into the future.”
Residential customers will be able to take advantage of Xfinity’s full suite of Internet products, including:
- Supersonic WiFi: Advanced WiFi technology from powerful gateways capable of delivering gigabit speeds to support the ever-increasing number of connected devices in homes.
- Ultimate Security: Help keep loved ones safe and secure online with xFi Advanced Security, included at no extra cost with an xFi Gateway. Advanced Security helps protect customers’ devices from billions of cyberthreats a year, and customers can add xFi Complete to extend that security on the go.
- Powerful Connection: The newest Gateway provides a more reliable connection for all connected devices. And with xFi Complete, get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage throughout the home, with an xFi Pod included if recommended.
- Unprecedented Control: xFi, a digital dashboard to control the home WiFi network that includes Advanced Security protecting every device on the network from malware and security threats.
- Xfinity Mobile: A mobile service built for the way consumers use mobile today, with the Internet at the core of the experience, Xfinity Mobile can save customers hundreds a year on their mobile bills.
- Ultimate Entertainment: Flex, a free 4K platform for Internet-only customers that seamlessly delivers streaming content.
Over the last three years, Comcast invested tens of millions of dollars in technology and infrastructure in Vermont, including improvements to its broadband network. Earlier this year, Comcast announced it had expanded its network to over 2,200 homes and businesses since 2020. The company’s latest commitment to the Green Mountain State will provide service to an additional 2,000 residents and businesses, now bringing the company’s broadband and innovative services to more than 4,200 Vermonters since 2020.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless, and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
Comcast is also deeply committed to advancing digital equity in the communities we serve. The company’s recent community partnerships in Vermont, totaling $2.3M in cash and in-kind contributions to local non-profits over the last three years, includes the installation of four Lift Zones, providing free WiFi service to local community centers to promote digital learning. Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive, 10-year, $1 billion commitment to help build a future of unlimited possibilities and the continuation of the company’s long history of giving back to communities where it provides service and where its employees live and work. .