ALEXANDRIA, Va. – The Alexandria Small Business Development Center (SBDC) exists to support and help small businesses in the city grow. Need help building a website and don’t know where to start? A new SBDC program can help, and it’s free!
SBDC can create basic WordPress sites for selected clients. They are looking to help disadvantaged or minority owned businesses.
An email released by Chamber ALX about the program states: “An online presence is essential for small businesses to enhance their relationships with existing and potential customers, and increase small business legitimacy and exposure.
Your business is eligible for the program if it meets the following criteria.
1) Located in the city of Alexandria.
2) Registered to conduct business in Virginia and has an Alexandria business license.
3) Currently does not have a website
4) Alexandria SBDC client
5) For-profit small business
6) It has 0-100 employees
7) Not currently involved in bankruptcy proceedings.
8) It is in good condition with the city of Alexandria.
Applications are due by Friday, August 12 at 5 p.m. Apply here.
The SBDC offers a variety of services such as business mentoring, workshops, webinars and networking opportunities. Read a few customer testimonials to learn more. Want to become a member? Sign up here and get advice from experts.
Donors are needed for a blood drive at Fireworks Pizza in Arlington on August 8