Canton police are investigating the shooting death of a 60-year-old man at a business he owned.

CANTON, Mich. (WXYZ) – Just before 7 a.m. Tuesday, Canton police and fire departments responded to an automotive business in the 7200 block of N. Haggerty Road and found an employee, the 60-year-old owner, unresponsive.

“One of the co-workers was performing CPR on the patient. We performed CPR for a short period of time. When we called the scene, the patient did not survive,” Canton Fire Department Chief Christopher Stocklin said.

After clearing the scene, firefighters received a report that the worker did not feel well, Stoecklin said. That’s when they found the dangerous gas.

“Our CO detectors started going off. We were receiving 500 parts per million of CO. So we evacuated the building and then treated those patients,” Stocklin said.

According to the official, the amount of carbon monoxide found in the place can kill the workers in two hours. Among the precautions taken, four firefighters and three police officers were sent to hospital for evaluation.

“They’re all good. They’ve all been released from the hospital. We’ll have some follow-up with them in the morning with the doctors, but they’ve been sent to work,” Stocklin said.

Meanwhile, the investigation into the source of the carbon monoxide leak continues. Meanwhile, Stocklin said the deadly gas has no smell, and the only way to prevent such accidents is to install detectors in homes and businesses.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *