The best stories
• Georgia Tech baseball enters postseason mode when it travels to Durham, N.C., to take on North Carolina and Virginia in Pool B on May 23-24.
• Tech is recovering from heavy losses – no. 21 UVA, leading twice late in games but unable to close out wins.
However, Tech has taken two of its past three ACC series over Duke at Durham Bulls Athletic Park — home of the ACC Tournament.
• Tech continues to be prolific at the plate, hitting .346 over the last 15 games, including 30 home runs.
• During that stretch, Angelo Dispigna (.471), Stephen Reid (.410) and John Geisler (.396) all hit .390 or better.
• Overall this season, Tech (.325) has an overall starting lineup of .280 or better: Dispigna (.390), Christian Campbell (.382), Jake DeLeo (.365), Reid (.353), Giesler (.336), Jackson Finley (.330), Drew Compton (.320), Jadin Jackson (.392) and Jack Rubenstein (.280).
• Georgia Tech had five Yellow Jackets named to the 2023 All-ACC teams.
• Reid led the way with first-team honors, while Delio, Dispigna and Finley all earned second-team honors. Campbell was named to the league’s third team and all-new player honors.
• Ben King will be the starter for Tech in Game 1 of the pool play.
• King currently has the best ERA for Tech at 3.21 with a 6-1 record in 24 games and two shutouts. He had a strikeout-to-walk ratio of 53:14 and hitters to a .200 average.