CNVAMC is committed to recruiting and training a diverse range of postdoctoral fellows. In agreement with the APA Accreditation Commission, we address cultural and individual differences and differences including age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, language, ethnicity, race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, and more. Socio economic status. Applications from qualified minority individuals are encouraged. Individuals who wish to be considered partially based on the flexibility of diversity should indicate their interest in the application cover letter.
Interested applicants must submit materials online through the APPIC Centralized Application Service (APPA-CAS). To apply, candidates must provide the following:
1. A cover letter that describes your goals for postdoctoral training and demonstrates your suitability for our program. In your letter, please describe your previous educational and clinical experience relevant to the training provided in our program, an assessment of your training needs, and your overall career goals. Please review the entire brochure thoroughly before applying. Please specify if you are applying for the Interprofessional Track or the Military Sexual Harm Track (or both).
2. A copy of your curriculum vitae.
3. A letter from the Chair of your Dissertation Committee stating the progress of your dissertation and the expected defense date or confirming successful completion.
4. Three letters of recommendation from supervisors with direct knowledge of your clinical work. At least one letter must be from the internship supervisor. If your dissertation chair is submitting one of your letters, you can state the status of your dissertation in that letter. In this case, a separate, fourth letter is not needed.
5. An official transcript of your graduate work
Deadlines: Applications must be received online December 16, 2022 To receive consideration. The director of postdoctoral training and the members of the training committee will examine all the selected applications in detail and select some candidates for an interview. All applicants will be notified of their interview status by email to the address provided in the APPA-CAS system. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that correct and up-to-date contact information is provided in the online application. We plan to conduct virtual interviews in late January/early February.
The VA Office of Academic Liaison requires all VA postdoctoral training programs to adhere to the APPIC postdoctoral selection guidelines. Accordingly, we will observe the new postdoctoral selection standards and common tenure date. Offers may be made at any time after the conclusion of interviews and up to Monday, 2/27/2023 common hold day. See APPIC’s site for more information on CHD policies. Applicants will be notified immediately if they are not considered and when all positions are filled. The expected start date for 2022-2023 is August 14, 2023.