Bowling Green, K. – WKU Soccer travels to Louisiana Tech on Thursday, September 15th for the Conference USA opener. The match is scheduled to start at 7 pm.
WKU (3-3-2) at Louisiana Tech (2-5-1)
Thursday September 15 | 7 o’clock in the afternoon
Ruston, La | Robert Mac Caruthers Field
Watch: CUSA TV | Live statistics
- WKU is on the back of a 3-game road swing heading into Thursday’s tilt at Louisiana Tech. The Lady Toppers won a 1-0 shutout at Arkansas State and battled then-No. 9 Ole Miss on a 2-1 road trip last week.
- WKU has scored nine goals so far this season, coming from eight different scorers. Kayla Meyer She is the only Lady Topper to score multiple goals this season with two goals. Katie Erwin, Lily Ramo, Brooke Sleva, Anna Isger, Avery Christopher, Kendall King and Ceich all found the back of the net. Erwin leads the team with two assists on the season, while Meyer, Ramo, Cich, Ansley Kate And Olivia Kucharsky Each has one.
- WKU’s defense has given up just six goals in eight games on the season, the second fewest of any team in the conference. The team is tied for second in C-USA with four shutouts on the season.
- Bach is tied for the lead in C-US with three shutouts on the season, which ranks 38th nationally. She has a career-best 0.80 goals-against average and ranks second in the league with a 78.6 percent save percentage.
- WKU went 3-3-2 in conference play against a program that ranks 18th nationally in opponent winning percentage. During the playoffs, two of WKU’s opponents were ranked and the slate included three Power Five teams. The Lady Toppers had wins over Union, Kentucky and Arkansas State and hosted Tennessee Tech and Belmont.
A series of stories
- WKU and Louisiana Tech have only met four times in the series’ history, with two meetings in Bowling Green and two in Ruston.
- The Lady Toppers are 0-2 against the Lady Texters in Ruston and have a 2-0 record in Bowling Green.
- The last meeting between the two teams was on September 29, 2019 in Bowling Green when WKU won 2-1 in double overtime.
Louisiana Tech Notes
- The Lady Techsters had wins over Murray State and Abilene Christian earlier in the season and also defeated UL Lafayette.
- Flavi Dube leads the scoring with two goals on the year. Riley Bonadi leads the team with two assists.
- Sydney Korchak has started all but one game for Louisiana Tech. She averaged 1.57 goals against per season.
- The Lady Toppers return home to host UTEP on Thursday, September 22 at 6 pm and take on North Texas on Sunday, September 25 at 1 pm at the WKU Soccer Complex.
How to follow Lady ToppersFor complete information on WKU Lady Topper Soccer, visit WKUSports.com or follow the program on social media @WKU_Soccer on Twitter and Instagram.